Whenever you use PADNET equipment, we ask that you agree to the following policies.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the equipment is in good, working order when you check it out and when you return it. A PADNET staff member will also verify equipment when it leaves our facility and when it comes back.
- Members are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement for any equipment that is damaged, lost, misused, or stolen. When you check out and use equipment from PADNET, you sign a contract that says you are accepting liability for that equipment. PADNET does not offer insurance for members, but encourages members to obtain a homeowners or renter’s insurance policy that includes liability coverage to protect you in the event of a claim or litigation as a result of the use of PADNET’s channel space, facilities, equipment or other resources.
- You or the producer you’re working with must have a project proposal on file that we can reference for equipment reservations.
- Equipment can only be picked up and returned by the member whose name is on the reservation.
- Members can schedule up to two reservations a month.
- Reservations can be scheduled up to 60 days in advance and are on a first-come, first served basis.
- Allow up to 48 hours for PADNET to approve your reservation.
- You can check out equipment for a maximum of 48 hours. If PADNET or PADNET’s satellites are closed 48 hours from the checkout date, you must return equipment on the next operating day.
- You must return equipment to the same location where you checked it out.
- Staff at PADNET satellites cannot approve reservations or provide technical assistance. Only PADNET staff at our main location can do that.
- All satellites determine the rules and policies of their locations.
- If you reserve equipment and can’t pick it up at your appointed time, please call to let us know. If you don’t, you get a minor violation.
- Returning equipment more than 15 minutes late is considered a minor violation; returning equipment more than 2 hours late is a major violation.
- You must supply your own expendable batteries.
For more information about PADNET policies, see the Member Handbook.